Sunday, January 22, 2006

DIY hatred

New sprog's due in 6 weeks, so we're moving Eben into a new bedroom and having the nursery for the new bug. This means redecorating both rooms and I fucking hate decorating. I'm no good at it. I get no satisfaction from it. It bores me rigid.

What makes it worse is that Nicky is a complete perfectionist so the preparation element takes forever. So far I've been doing it for the last 2 weekends and I'm only just getting towards the end of the preparation.

Or so I think.

I just know that during inspection this afternoon the work will be rejected and I'll have even more to do. There is nothing in this world that puts me in a worse mood than decorating. Well actually there is. The thought of decorating.

If someone says to me when I've finished. 'Isn't that satisfying?' I will brain them.

'No it's not satisfying, it was a grind and it's not as good as if I'd got someone in and anyway I've got to do the bloody nursery yet.'

Raaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!

10 comments:

Span Ows said...

That makes at least 2 of us. I'm sorry to say I've had a few real 'episodes' that involved just me and various 'decorating items'...when we were doing the little back bedroom (about 5 years ago now!) I ended up throwing everything out the window (paint, tins, brushes, paper thingies for those borders and I bent and broke a new blind (Ikea stuff, which then also went out the window because it wouldn't do what I was telling it to do...so I killed it) then I went downstairs and drove off in a huff.

The following weekend the neighbour kindly did the lot for 40 quid...I should have done thatin the first place!

Lucy said...

You should Definitely get the decorators in .
Life is too short...

IsobelMagsBuchan said...

I adore decorating, particularly glossing! I like it because it allows your mind to wonder to places it hasn't been for a while, whilst doing something physical. If my thoughts get too much for me I pop some music on from my yoof and pretend I'm a pop/rock star. The neighbours hate it when I decorate.

Good luck Six but she is right, preparation is everything.

Augustus said...

I agree with you entirely. I loathe DIY and I despise gardening. Stultifyingly dull both. My garden is six feet high all over at the moment. I let it grow as a burglar defence while I was away at Xmas. I started in March...

I think my neighbour has given up on me. The last time he mentioned it I said "Do you know what, Brian? In 5000 years this will all be marshland". He didn't look very impressed. Wish I'd never read Ozymandias... He's in for a shock though - I've got a couple of blokes in next month to sort it out.

Gavin Corder said...

Span the neighbour did it for £40 to stop you chucking your gear into his garden!

Six get a professional - babies sometimes put in early appearances and at the rate you're going the kid will be able to did it himself before you've finished!

Gavin Corder said...

did? do!

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»