Thursday, October 27, 2005

Oh God - I may have killed an old lady

So here I sit guilty.

I've just had my flu jab (I'm an asthmatic so I am high risk and have a legitimate reason for the shot), however they were dispensing the jab on a first come first serve basis and I scraped in as the 64th of 70 available jabs.

Not long after I registered they started to turn people away and point people towards the pharmacy to go on a waiting list until the country restocks - yes there's none left in the UK.

But, who were they turning away. Yes. It was little old 70+ ladies( if I'm honest they're probably 80+). I couldn't help sitting there - watching them being pointed up up the road - thinking that they were only late because it took them an hour and half to agonisingly scrape their way wheezing from their small bedsit just round the corner. Oh God, oh god, oh god.

Ah well at least I'll be alright.

4 comments:

Gavin Corder said...

Get a grip Six! You are not old. Carpe Diem and all that!

Crispin Heath said...

Oh I will Gavin, but I might put my back out siezing it.

Gavin Corder said...

Get in there lad!

Kayfer Kettle said...

Well Six, try and see it like this:

You're feeling old, we've established that.

So by that reckoning, you are as eligible for flu jabbing as the more senior members of your peer group.

Gulit free health is yours to enjoy!

K x