Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Equilibrium


For the first time for a very long time I can say I'm really truly happy.

Flogging my guts out for years made me desperately unhappy. It made me quite well off, but only now do I realise how stressed I was. I didn't see my friends and family, 16 hour days 7 days a week didn't suit me - doesn't suit anyone I wouldn't have thought. But I got out.

The business has finally hit a point where I wouldn't say it's looking after itself, but it's stable, Nicky's happier at home and not rushing off to work to earn just enough to cover childcare, her trip to work and the yoga to help her destress from work and Eben's definitely thriving as a result. My family are all well (finger's crossed Jamie doesn't get MRSA in the appendix scar). We've finally sorted Nanny's will. Jo and Dad seem happy to be cruising around until the flat's sorted.

All I know is that I'm going to stop for a few months and let things roll, I haven't done that since I started working. I've got viewable billings for 6 months (anything else is incremental) I'm going to kick back, service the clients I have and concentrate on home, wait for the new baby to arrive and then next June go for it with the business again.

5 comments:

Span Ows said...

Service the clients...now either you're a professional...literally...i.e. a prostitute...or you are in sales/ marketing /nothing else fits...well, that's it...we're all whores!

Crispin Heath said...

Span without doubt a whore. I've been bending over and taking it for 10 years straight. But that's marketing agency life for you. I now have a set of clients that respect what I'm doing and boy is this job easier.

Crispin Heath said...

Span you're not a marketing bod are you I had you down as a scientist?

Span Ows said...

thanks Six...you've come the quickest yet..replying seconds after I put the post up!!!

Yes...scientistish...ishnishlish...it would be flattering me but my dad was a physisist and when he pegged it he was doing what only he and ONE other in the UK could do!!!!!! i'm into nutrition etc which gets a bit chemical and scientisty if you get deep into it ...but really i'm just a sales bod with half a brain!

Glad life seems OK for you Wife andjob!!!) see you on the MB soon!

Span

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»