Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My wonderful wife

Well I've basically been in bed for the past 3 days with what I think is actual flu. I have to be careful, it's a word not to be bandied about lightly I know, but to be honest every time I get up, I'm absolutely knackered within 5 minutes and dissolve on the sofa with hot sweats.

So, my 8 month pregnant wife has had to do everything (well slightly more than she does on any normal day, I can't really say I'm some sort of super man)- plus be sympathetic and she has been genuinely sympathetic bless her. Which makes me think maybe I am ill because I know I'd be given short shrift otherwise.

Anyway today when I got up to go to the loo she was at the top of a ladder putting the brackets on the wall that she'd just jigsawed downstairs out of a spare piece of mdf. I need to get better soon.

10 comments:

Kayfer Kettle said...

Oh Six mate!

That sounds like the real McCoy alright.

They say you know you have the flu, if you saw a few £20 notes fluttering by, and just cannot possibly muster the energy to give a shit!

Hope it's passing and your wonderful wife can reap the rewards of being a bloody good sort.

K x

Name Witheld said...

I hope your better soon, Six.

I bought a jigsaw once : I have never experienced such failure with any sort of tool. I was inept to the point of being a danger to myself and others.

Your wife is a true superstar!

Lucy said...

http://www.superlaugh.com/1/bigbug.htm
Hope you're soon well
Lucy

Gavin Corder said...

Six they do that. We call it nesting. The later the baby - the bigger the task.

Sanding and varishing a floor, size no object, just what they want. Feathering a nest mate.

flyingfinn said...

You're a lucky man, my friend.

Span Ows said...

Did you post re this on the MB Six, I read something about Manflu...and you're right, what knocks us out a women would just tsk tsk and carry on...we are wimps; I hate to say it but I was the same, only ever got ill about once every couple of years but when I did I was a complete disaster area.

You don't need to get better soon unless your pride is unable to keep seeing her multi-tasking and doing the decorating that you hate...this 'flu' is psychosomatic you know...:-)

Gavin Corder said...

Sounds like you should leave the DIY to the undisputed chapeen, mate!

Gavin Corder said...

champeen!

Linda Mason said...

Hope you're feeling better soon Six and make it soon because it sounds like that baby is going to come early....she's nesting!

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»