Wednesday, June 28, 2006
I've enjoyed watching the Galacticos this world cup, it's like watching a vets game. The brilliant touches are still there but you only see them once or twice a game.
1. Thank God Ronaldo was threaded that ball on 5 minutes, do you think he'd have done the same on 85?
2. Zidane could have spun for France's 3rd against Spain in his sleep. Frankly they could play him when he's 95 and if he hobbled into that position on the field and got the ball threaded that's what he'd do
3. David Beckham, thank God he can still hit a ball that isn't moving, becuase if he couldn't then we'd all have to stop having the should we shouldn't we drop him discussion (we should)
4. Figo had the sense to butt his opponent in the face when he knew that alL the officials were caught up with other things - only 126 years experience allowed him to stay on the field
5. Raul - well what can we say - I think probably thank goodness spain have Villa and Torres coming through their ranks
6. And finally. when are Brazil going to tell Carlos to stop taking free kicks. I'm sick of listening to commentators reminisce and then having to watch a ball boy run to the corner flag or climb into the 48th row to pick a ball out of the crowd.