Sunday, March 12, 2006

Meanwhile in South Africa


While we try our best to throw away a great position in India the South Africans have just won the first one day series against the Australians that anyone has managed in 4 years. Finishing with a match that has been described as the 'greatest one dayer in history'. Hats off to Herschelle Gibbs who scored a massive 175. He was on for the first double ton in one day history but holed out in the the 32nd. What I would have given to see 872 runs scored in a day.

4 comments:

fec said...

Yup, it's been the most hectic day I've ever spent on the sofa.

Wake up at 4 to watch the test, then watch the F1, then the greatest ODI ever then the worst English rugby performance for a decade, and I just managed to catch Gerrard setting Henry up for the winner at Highbury.

It seems to me that the first fundamental change that 20/20 cricket has made to the 50 over format is that length balls are no longer good balls, and are liable to get heaved over mid wicket.

fec

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»